To start Profile Manager, just launch profilemanager.exe (on Windows) or profilemanager-bin (on Linux and Mac). By default, Profile Manager will manage Firefox profiles, but you can also use it to work with profiles of other xulrunner apps, like Thunderbird or SeaMonkey. To use Profile Manager with an application other than Firefox, you need to. Use Profile Manager Enterprise to quickly and easily create printer configurations and manage your Zebra Link-OS® printers from a single location, no matter where they are located. To experience Printer Profile Manager Enterprise in your environment, fill out our request form to download a 30-day full demo version of the software.
Profile Manager is a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) solution. The correct workflow would be:
- Create your profile, apply to AD user or AD group.
- Have user log into Mac using AD account.
- Have user go to https://yourmacminiserver.domain.tld/mydevices
- User logs in to MyDevices
- Click on Profiles tab, download and install Trust Profile.
- Click on Device Tab, click Enroll.
- Profile Manager will push configuration profile and any updates you make down the road to the user/device.
It sounds like what you've done is create a profile in Profile Manager, download the .mobileconfig file, and then install the .mobileconfig under your own AD account. Since the .mobileconfig you've created is a user level profile not a machine level profile, it will apply to whatever user you opened installed the .mobileconfig under. Since you've locked yourself out of System Preferences I don't know if there is any way to remove the profile from the user. You might be able to do it via command line, but I would have to look up how to do that. You might be able to log in under another account, open Terminal, use su - username to login as your user in Terminal, and use the profiles command to remove the .mobileconfig from your admin account. Run man profiles in Terminal to view the documentation for the profiles (/usr/bin/profiles) command.
Hope that helps. Off to walk a user through the enrollment process myself.
Edit: Forgot the Trust Profile part. :)
Apple Profile Manager Windows
- Mobile Management Provider changed by Frank Klotz1 year ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by bugfrisch1 year ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by taylor2 years ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by dmlarry2 years ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by codeproof2 years ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by SteJohGbg2 years ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by ZuluDesk2 years ago
- Wiki Page added by digitalmarketin...2 years ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by Mahesh2 years ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by Neeraj2 years ago
- Mobile Management Provider changed by sb-miradore3 years ago
- Story comment by Aaron Freimark3 years ago
- Story added by Aaron Freimark3 years ago