Download version 9.51 of Total Commander
(fully functional Shareware version, 5MB EXE file):
Direct download (RECOMMENDED):
- The Veritas™ Download Center provides software download information and access to Veritas customers and partners.
- With amazing new capabilities and updates to features you use every day, iOS 8 is the biggest iOS release ever. Learn more about iOS 8; The latest version of OS X features an elegant design, includes enhancements to the apps you use most, and enables your Mac and iOS devices to work together in new ways.
- 32-bit version only (Windows 95 up to Windows 10, runs on 32-bit AND 64-bit machines!)
- 64-bit version only (Windows XP up to Windows 10, runs ONLY on 64-bit machines!)
- 64-bit+32-bit combined download (Windows 95 up to Windows 10, 32-bit AND 64-bit machines!)
- Insecure downloads via http: 32-bit64-bit64-bit+32-bit combined
New Release 8.0.81. General CUDA driver update to support macOS 10.12 and NVIDIA display driver 378.05.05.05f01; Recommended CUDA version(s): CUDA 8.0; Supported MAC OS X. 10.12.x; 10.11.x; An alternative method to download the latest CUDA driver is within Mac OS environment. Access the latest driver through System Preferences Other CUDA. What is Mac OS 8.0 install floppies? Mac OS 8.0 install on 27 floppy (1.4MB) disks, plus 2 tools disks, all in DSK format, bundled on a Toast disk image to preserve DiskCopy enabling resource forks, but they can be extracted and used without DiskCopy as well. Download Mac OS 8.0 install floppies for Mac.
Note: These mirrors belong to other companies and are often ad-supported.
Total Commander is certified to be 100% clean, no viruses, no adware, no spyware.
We no longer supply an MD5 checksum. Instead, please press Alt+Enter on the downloaded installer to verify that it has a valid digital signature from Ghisler Software GmbH!
Update instructions for registered users
To update, please download the shareware/demo version from above, then follow the free update/upgrade instructions from any previous version!
Using Total Commander on an Apple Mac?
You can use a Windows emulator like Vmware fusion, Parallels or Crossover for Mac to use Total Commander on an Apple Mac computer.
Or try Commander One - Free File Manager for Mac OS X with PRO Pack of additional features for advanced file management. Aimed to be an alternative of Total Commander for Mac users.
Or CRAX Commander, which makes it easier for true fans of TC to migrate from Windows to Mac. CRAX Commander makes possible browsing archives as folders, connecting to FTP / SFTP, multi-renaming files, navigating in app using TC shortcuts and much more.
DCommander for Mac OS X is another great alternative for Mac Users. It includes everything you would expect from an advanced dual-pane file manager, including FTP, SCP, archive browser, synchronization and more, all with minimal memory usage and multi-language support.
Nimble Commander for Mac OS X is a 2 panel file manager especially for power users:
- External Tools integration support: Quickly open any application with a variety of parameters based on the current focus/selection/path, etc.
- External Editors can be used with any virtual file system, and changed files will be uploaded back.
New: Total Commander for Android and Windows Phone/Mobile/CE!
Still using Windows 3.1?
Need a copy of System 6.0.8, 7.0.1, or a newer version of the Classic Mac OS for your vintage Mac? You can dig through apple.com and try to find them – or you can download them using the updated links on this page. (Apple does rearrange things, making it more difficult to find things.) All versions of the Mac OS linked here are copyrighted by Apple Computer and free to Macintosh owners. System 7.1.x as well as 7.6.x and later are not free products and must be purchased.
Software is stuffed and requires an expander, such as StuffIt Expander (which was traditionally bundled with early Mac web browsers). Mounting disk images or making floppies from them requires Disk Copy (download Disk Copy) or MountImage.
You will need a 400K or 800K floppy drive to produce single-sided disks for use with the Mac 128K and 512K Fat Mac. Apple’s high density floppy drives cannot format single-sided floppies.
You cannot use a USB floppy drive to create 800K floppy disks; they can only be formatted and written to using an Apple 800K or 1.4M HD floppy drive.
You should have no trouble formatting and writing to high density floppies using a USB floppy drive.
List Of Mac Os Releases
Whenever possible, Apple branded hard drives should be formatted or updated with HD SC Setup 7.3.5 or later before installing a new version of the OS. (Exception: If the hard drive of a Mac Portable is formatted with any version newer than 7.3.1, it will crash instead of waking from sleep mode.)
For an interesting overview of Mac OS history, read Evolution v. Revolution on MacKiDo. And for tips on choosing a version of the Mac OS, read What’s the Best System Version?
Pre System 6
Photoshop 8.0 Mac Os Download
- Several older versions of the Mac OS were available for download through links on The Mac 512, including 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.2, and 4.2. However, Apple forced them and other sites to stop distributing older versions of the Mac OS. Gamba’s page may still work.
- Introduction to Mac OS 1 through 5 on MacKiDo provides a quick overview of every version of the Mac OS from System 1.0/Finder 1.0 to System Software 5.1. (Note: Many download links no longer work.)
- System 6.0.x from System 6 Heaven
- Hardware Requirements for System 6.0.8 to 7.6, Gamba
- For more on System 6, visit System 6 Heaven and see The Joy of Six: Apple’s Fast, Svelte, Reliable, and Still Useful System 6
- System 7.1 and Update 3.0 are available for download from the University of Calgary.
- Apple has made available System 7.5.3 for free download (19 image files!) but no longer hosts the files. Data files require System 7.0.1 or later. (Don’t forget the System 7.5.5 update.) Try these links:
- For international users, first go to Apple’s software updates page, then choose the language you want, then select Macintosh, then click on System, and then choose System 7.5 Update 2.0.
- Hardware requirements for System 6.0.8 to 7.6, Gamba
- Newer versions of the system must be purchased (see below).
Mac OS 8
- Petition: Release Mac OS 8.1 and 8.5.1, Steve Godun, Petition Online. If you’d like to see Apple make OS 8.1 and 8.5.1 free to all, as they did with System 7.5.3, please sign this petition.
Classic Mac OS Updates
Mac OS X updates are readily handled through Software Update, but pre-X updates can be difficult to locate. Links are to English language version of the Mac OS.
- System 7.5.3 update (from 7.5.x)
- System 7.5.5 update (only from 7.5.3)
- Mac OS 7.6.1 update (only from 7.6)
- For more on Mac OS 7.x, visit System 7 Today and see System 7: Bigger, Better, More Expandable, and a Bit Slower than System 6 and System 7.5 and Mac OS 7.6: The Beginning and End of an Era
- Mac OS 8.1 update (only from 8.0, adds HFS+ support, last to support any 680×0 Macs, and 680×0 Macs cannot boot from HFS+ volumes, first version of Mac OS to support Carbon apps)
- Mac OS 8.6 update (from 8.5 or 8.5.1, PowerPC only, new nanokernel supports Multiprocessing Services 2.0)
- For more on Mac OS 8.x, see Mac OS 8 and 8.1: Maximum Size, Maximum Convenience
- Mac OS 9.1 update (from 9.0.x)
- Mac OS 9.2.1 update (from 9.1 or 9.2)
- Mac OS 9.2.2 update (only from 9.2.1)
- For more on Mac OS 9, visit Mac OS 9 Lives
Where to Buy the Classic Mac OS
You may be able to purchase system software from Apple or dealers with old stock.
- System 6.0.8, $15
- System 7.1 + Update 3.0, $25
- System 7.5.3 + Update to 7.5.5, $25
Mac Os 8 Online
Mac OS 7.6 and later are usually available through dealers, eBay, and LEM Swap. Mac OS 7.6 requires a 32-bit clean Mac, a 68030 or later CPU, 8 MB of RAM (16 MB recommended), and at least 70 MB of available drive space (120 MB if you wish to install all the options).
Keywords: #classicmacos #system6 #system7 #macos8 #macos9
Short link: http://goo.gl/kiQLF0