|Mac & Devin Go to High School|
|Directed by||Dylan Brown|
|Music by||King Kenobby|
|Edited by||Dan Dobi|
|Distributed by||Anchor Bay Films|
Login Start Free Trial Start Free Trial. Mac and Devin Go To High School (Music From and Inspired By The Movie) Snoop Dogg Wiz Khalifa Bruno Mars. In Canada, the album debuted at number 96. As of February 2012 the album has sold 107,000 copies in the United States. In 2016 Mac & Devin Go to High School was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), for combined album sales, on-demand audio, video streams, track sales equivalent of 500,000. Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa - Mac & Devin Go To High School Mixtape Rap Atlanta, GA. Become a Fan Remove Fan. Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa - Mac & Devin Go To High School Mixtape Become a Fan Remove Fan. Rap Atlanta, GA Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa - Mac & Devin Go To High School Mixtape. 'Snoop and Wiz, the new Cheech & Chong,' says Snoop Dogg on Mac & Devin Go to High School.This collaboration with Wiz Khalifa is the soundtrack for the straight-to-DVD flick (Mac is Snoop, and Wiz is Devin), but it's really an excuse for the duo to rhyme about smoking weed and living the high life.
Mac & Devin Go to High School is a 2012 Americandirect-to-DVDstoner film. The film was directed by Dylan Brown and stars rappers Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa (in his film debut) in the title roles, along with Mike Epps, Teairra Mari, Andy Milonakis, Luenell in supporting roles and the voice of Mystikal in a guest appearance. The story follows two high school students, geeky Devin and badman Mac, a stoner who befriends Devin and introduces him to cannabis. The high school's name, 'N. Hale', is based on Nate Dogg's real name, Nathaniel Hale, and is also a play on the word 'inhale'.
The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray on July 3, 2012. The soundtrack was released worldwide in stores on December 13, 2011.
- Snoop Dogg as Mac Johnson
- Wiz Khalifa as Devin Overstreet
- Mike Epps as Mr. Armstrong
- Teairra Mari as Hot Ass Teacher
- Luenell as Principal Cummings
- Paul Iacono as Mahatma Chang Greenberg
- Andy Milonakis as Knees Down
- Mystikal as Slow Burn (Voice)
- Far East Movement as Detention Students
- Samantha Cole as Jasmine
- Bishop Don Magic Juan as Student Service Guy
- Winston Francis as Massage Parlor Bouncer
- Derek D as Assistant Principal Skinfoot
- Teni Panosian as Ashley
- Kendré Berry as Nerdy Chemistry Student
- Alicia Mone't as Jubilance
- Affion Crockett as Captain Kush
- Eunice Kiss as Mamasan
- Andray Johnson as Bail Officer
- Roz Wilson as Study Center Matron
- Carla Howe as Masseuce
- Jamieson Stern as Police Sergeant
- Melissa Howe as Tattoo Parlor Receptionist
- Kelly Pantaleoni as Jenny Billings
- William Stage as himself in the opening scenes.
- Shvona Lavette Chung as M.I.L.F.
- Cordelle Braudus as M.I.L.F.'s Son
- Jennifer Andrade as Munchie Machine Girl
- Young Pilot as A Freshman
- Raul CHAVEZ as Tattoo Artist
- Nasia Aissaoui as Foreign Exchange Student
- Dennis George Brown Jr. as Teacher
- YG (Smoker #2)
- Julian (The Rangers)
- Langston (The Rangers)
- Day Day (The Rangers)
- Handan Yousef (Swedish student)
- Ty Dolla $ign as Smoker 1
- YG as Smoker 2
- Kendré Berry as Smoker 3
- Tiffany Hughes as Tooted and Pooted Girl
The film's soundtrack was released on December 13, 2011, by Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa, also under the title of Mac & Devin Go to High School. 'Young, Wild & Free', featuring Bruno Mars, was the most popular song from the album and was successful worldwide: in its first week, the track sold 159,000 digital copies, debuting at number ten on the US Billboard Hot 100 and forty four on the Canadian Hot 100. Snoop Dogg revealed in an interview that the soundtrack's success had inspired him to make a movie based on 'Young, Wild & Free', and in March 2012 it was announced that he and Wiz Khalifa would star in the spin-off Mac & Devin Go to High School: The Movie. Production and filming began immediately after the announcement.
Snoop Dogg had announced plans to release a film and soundtrack with Wiz Khalifa in January 2011, with the release of the song 'Dat Good', originally intended to be the soundtrack's lead single. Wiz Khalifa spoke on the soundtrack, saying: 'It's a real big deal because nobody's done it like that as far as a veteran in the game, an OG, a pioneer and then the newest, youngest, most exciting dude in rap coming through, and really just giving people a complete project ... I'm a fan of it, separate myself from making it, [I'm] a huge fan of it. Can't wait.'
Mac And Devin Go To Highschool Soundtrack Download Free
Much of the film was shot at Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach, California, after the Manhattan Beach Unified School District granted a facilities use permit to The Yard Entertainment, the production company. After two days of filming over the weekend of May 7, 2011, production was halted when it was reported that individuals (some involved with the film, some not) were smoking marijuana on campus, leading the school district to revoke the permit. During the shoot, one group drove a car down the front stairs on the high school causing skid marks. Vandalism and theft from classrooms were also reported by teachers, and The Yard reportedly offered reimbursement to at least one.
Straight-to-DVD release of the film was scheduled for April 20, 2012, which was then delayed to July 3, 2012. As of August 2012, the DVD had sold 54,641 units in the United States.
Mac & Devin Go to High School was panned by critics. Pre-release reviews were negative. After its release, JP DelaCuesta of AllHipHop gave it a 3/10, saying: 'There’s no other way to say this except Mac and Devin Go to High School is bad – plain and simple. The on-screen collaboration between these two Hip-Hop heavyweights is a joke, and for their sakes, hopefully a joke that they and everyone involved with Mac and Devin were in on. At the end of the day, the only thing that Mac and Devin Go to High School proves is that we need How High 2, and we need it bad!' Nathan Rabin of The A.V. Club also gave the film a negative review, saying 'The protégé completes his evolution when he uses his high-school valedictorian speech to perform 'Young, Wild & Free,' the hit single from Mac & Devin Go To High School. 'Young, Wild & Free' is everything Mac & Devin Go To High School should be but isn’t: fun, light, goofy, entertaining, and young. In moments like this, the movie possesses a strange, disarming innocence, but it forces audiences to endure a punishing gauntlet of misogyny and non-starting comedy to get to that middling moment of moderate enjoyment.'
- ^'iTunes - Music - Young, Wild & Free (feat. Bruno Mars) - Single by Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa'. Itunes.apple.com. 2011-10-21. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- ^'Adele Still Atop Hot 100, Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Debut'. Billboard.com. 2009-09-14. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- ^'Snoop Lion & Wiz Khalifa – That Good'. 2dopeboyz. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- ^'Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Lion's 'High School' Soundtrack A 'Big Deal' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News'. MTV.com. 2011-10-25. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- ^ abcAbby Watkins; Leo Shaw (2011-05-11). 'MBUSD cancels permit for filming of Snoop Dogg's 'High School' at Mira Costa due to content concerns'. La Vista. Mira Costa High School. Archived from the original on 2011-11-13.
- ^ abMatt Elias (2011-10-20). 'Snoop Dogg And Wiz Khalifa Get 'Wild' On Video Set - Music, Celebrity, Artist News'. MTV.com. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- ^Mac & Devin Go To High School - DVD Sales - The Numbers
- ^JP DelaCuesta (2012-07-03). 'MOVIE REVIEW: Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa's 'Mac And Devin Go To High School''. AllHipHop.com. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- ^Nathan Rabin (2013-02-05). 'Mac & Devin Go To High School manages to give rapsploitation movies a bad name'. Avclub.com. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- Mac & Devin Go to High School on IMDb