On the Mac OS, you can take screenshot in the part or in the whole using Command+Shift+4 without using the LighShot software. However, if you are using the Retina screen, you will receive a picture with the double size, and the picture size is very large. Allows you to capture any part of your Mac screen. After capturing you can upload picture to prntscr.com server and get nice short link like You can share your screens via. Download Lightshot for free. Download for Windows. Download for Mac. The fastest way to take a customizable screenshot. Fast screenshot of selected area. Go to link: download best screen capture software for free/lightshot screenshot tool-Windows- Mac. Looking for the best screenshots software.
- Lightshot Screenshot Download Mac Pc
- Print Screen Lightshot Download
- Lightshot Screen Capture Download
- Lightshot Screenshot Download Windows 10
- Lightshot Screenshot App
- Lightshot Screenshot Download Mac Installer
- Lightshot Screenshot Download
Lightshot Screenshot Download Mac Pc
Allows you to capture any part of your Mac screen. After capturing you can upload picture to prntscr.com server and get nice short link like http://prnt.sc/9xf5w
You can share your screens via Twitter or Facebook. Lightshot allows you to search visual similar images over the Internet.
Lightning fast image editor allows you to add lines, arrows and text annotations as soon as you capturing.
Captured images could also be saved on your local hard drive or printed.
Ratings and Reviews
Or you can navigate to Menubar Capture select one of four options. After you take a screenshot, save it in png, jpeg, tiff. Note: there is no shadow on window-only screenshots. Screenshot apps. If you seek an even easier way of how to screenshot on Mac, use third-party screen capturing apps. Find more info about 5 such tools below.See All
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
It is true that you can take a screenshot on Mac by pressing Shift, Command and 3/4/5/6 keys on the keyboard. As a result, you can quickly capture your Mac’s screen via keyboard shortcuts. Since there are premade key combinations to capture any portion on Mac, why you still need a Mac screenshot tool?
The main reason is that you cannot get drawing tools and other advanced features from the straightforward Mac screenshot feature. Mac will save the screenshot as PNG by default. You need to use an image converter to change the screenshot format. In many cases, a snipping tool for Mac really helps.
Part 1: Top 7 Best Free Screenshot Tools for Mac
To take a screenshot on Mac without keyboard, you can take a look at the following paragraphs. Here’re top 10 best screenshot tools for Mac free to use in 2020.
Top 1: Vidmore Screen Recorder
There is a built-in free screenshot tool for Mac in Vidmore Screen Recorder. It’s okay if you don’t get its full version or even register an account. You can take a Mac screenshot of the whole screen or single window. The Mac screenshot capture software offers real-time drawing tools. Thus, you can emphasize the key point and draw anything on the screenshot directly. The screenshot will be saved as PNG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF or TIFF based on your need.
Print Screen Lightshot Download
- Capture Mac screen with full screen or browser window.
- Save Mac screenshot picture as PNG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF or TIFF.
- Add rectangle, ellipse, line, arrow, callout, text and more in any size and color to your screenshot.
- Safe, clean and totally free to use. No registration or hidden purchase.
- The free Mac screenshot software works with Mac OS X 10.10 or above.
Top 2: Lightshot
Lightshot is a free screenshot tool for Mac. You can select any area on your Mac computer to capture. Later, you can share the screenshot via Internet directly.
- Take a screenshot on Mac with any screen size.
- Upload your Mac screenshot to the server or get its short link to share.
- Use the online editor to edit screenshots on Mac. (Find more video editor here)
- Lightshot may close down suddenly.
- The copy function in Lightshot does not work.
Top 3: Snappy
You can capture any part of your Mac computer with Snappy automatically. The free screenshot tool for Mac allows users to annotate, resize and customize the screenshot picture. Moreover, you can organize, collaborate and share Mac screenshot within Snappy on Mac.
- Grab Mac screen by drawing or shortcuts.
- Collect snaps stored on Mac and make then well organized.
- Share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Email and more.
- Lack editing features.
- Snappy becomes quite buggy.
You may want to know: how to record Facebook video
Top 4: Skitch
Skitch is a free screenshot for Mac that works with Evernote. If you are in the business of taking screenshots for your team, Skitch can be your good companion.
- Snap, mark and send a screenshot on Mac.
- Add text, shape and draw on your screenshot image.
- Blur the obscured areas.
Lightshot Screen Capture Download
- Skitch crashes and freezes in the half of time.
- Still need the UI improvement.
Top 5: Recordit
Recordit is a GIF-based screencast tool for Mac free to use. You can also install Recordit plugin to quickly take a screenshot on your Mac computer.
- Use hotkeys to screenshot on Mac.
- Get free cloud storage space for screenshots.
- Provide multiple upload and share options.
- Recordit free version is limited.
- Require the stable Internet connection.
Lightshot Screenshot Download Windows 10
Top 6: Snagit
TechSmith Snagit offers the free trial for screen capture and recording on Mac. You can capture a process and add drawing tools of what you see on Mac screen.
Lightshot Screenshot App
- Draw on Mac screenshot with markup and annotation tools.
- Convert Mac screenshots into simplified graphics.
- Get direct file sharing feature.
- Snagit free trial lasts for 15 days only.
- Snagit full version is expensive.
Top 7: Monosnap
Monosnap is a free online screenshot tool. You can capture screenshots on Mac with full screen, custom area or window. If you want to edit and add annotations, you need to register its user account first.
- Highlight on screenshot with multiple drawing tools.
- Use blur tool to hide sensitive information in your screenshot.
- Share Mac screenshot to Twitter, Facebook, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Monosnap gets buggy with the new OS releases.
- You need to pay to unlock third-party services.
Part 2: FAQs about Mac Screenshot Tool
Where are screenshots saved on Mac?
Lightshot Screenshot Download Mac Installer
If you capture Mac screen with official shortcuts, your screenshot will be saved on desktop by default. For macOS Mojave users, you can change the default screenshot destination folder. Just head to Options in the Screenshot app.
Is Preview the hidden screenshot software for Mac?
Lightshot Screenshot Download
Yes. There is Take Screenshot feature in Preview. You can screen capture on an PDF file or image in Preview on Mac for free.
Can website see if you screenshot?
No. It is not allowed for the browser to detect whether users use a Mac screenshot tool or not. Your screenshots are not traceable.
Actually, you can use any screenshot app to capture Mac’s screen as JPG and other formats. It is also supported to copy and paste Mac screenshot to clipboard. Which can be your best free screenshot tool for Mac? You can feel free to share with us.