This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
Oct 20, 2020 Download Mozilla Firefox for Mac to explore the impeccable Web of tomorrow with highly customizable, blazing fast, and safely secured browsing. Mozilla Firefox has had 22 updates within the past 6. Download Mozilla Firefox for PC Windows 188.8.131.52.-2 for Windows. Fast downloads of the latest free software!
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .
Mozilla Firefox Editor's Review
Directly from the folks who helped bring you Netscape, Mozilla Firefox is perhaps one of the best 3rd party browsers available for Windows today.
Finding the right browser for your needs may just be a matter of installing Windows. In many cases, IE does exactly what you need; and it's an integral part of the Windows operating system. In some cases, however, IE just doesn't cut it and you need something different. That's one of the reasons why I like Mozilla Firefox. It’s a multiplatform, alternative web browser; and it runs on Windows.
Mozilla Firefox is one of the best 3rd party browsers on the market today. If you have any websites that you always open when you run your browser, you can set them up as App Tabs. Sites like Facebook, Gmail and Twitter automatically open and just a click away. App Tabs are small and can't be closed accidentally.
Organizing often used sites that you don't want opened automatically can be quickly done in Tab Groups. They are great and with Tab Groups you can visually group related tabs, switch between your groups and quickly search through all of them. To create a tab group, click the all tabs button at the far right end of the tab strip and choose Tab Groups.
When you need to find something you've seen before, all you need to do is start typing in Mozilla Firefox Awesome Bar. It remembers everywhere you've been, everything you've searched for and allows you to get to it quickly when you want to go back. The more you use it, the better it gets.
You can further customize Mozilla Firefox with Add-ons. Add-ons are like apps that you install to enhance and expand the browser. You can get add-ons that compare prices, check the weather, change Firefox look, listen to music, or even update your Facebook profile.
Firefox 48.0.2 Mac Download
App Pro’s: App Tabs, Awesome Bar;
Firefox Download Mac Os X
App Con’s: Personas take up memory resources more appropriately spent elsewhere;
Firefox 2 Mac Download Full Game
Conclusion: If you can't or don't want to use IE, Mozilla Firefox is one of the best alternative browser choices you can make. It's fast, easy to install, easy to update and enhance and is free.