GoPro App is the official app from GoPro that, among other things, lets you control your GoPro camera remotely with your Android. You can also use it to quickly share everything you've recorded. Sep 16, 2020 Check out the official companion app for GoPro cameras. Access the images and recordings made by the device connected to a Mac, browse the galleries, and open individual files. Perform basic editing and save the results in a compatible format for sharing and storage. Download GoPro 2.3 for Mac from our software library for free. The next step is to connect the GoPro camera to your Mac and use the GoPro Desktop app to move the media to your drive. At the same time, GoPro Desktop can also scan local or network folders for GoPro videos or photos and add them to the media library. The GoPro Desktop app allows you to preview the.The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely, view your photos and videos and share your favorites. (1) You can adjust camera settings and use your phone or tablet as a viewfinder to frame the perfect shot. Trim videos to create short clips (2) or pull high-quality still images from your videos for easy sharing. (1) HiLight Tag allows you to mark key moments while recording so they’re easier to find later. (3) You can also watch the GoPro Channel and wirelessly update your camera software for the best performance. (4)
— Key Features —
• Pull high-quality still images from your videos for easy sharing
• Create short video clips and share them to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more (1)
• Get full remote control of all camera functions
• See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing
• Mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag (3)
• View HiLight Tags in your GoPro Camera Roll for easy playback of your video highlights (3)
• View your photos and play back your videos (1)
• Copy and save photos and videos (1) to your phone or tablet
• Browse and delete files on your camera’s microSD card
• Watch the GoPro Channel and get your fix of the best GoPro videos from across the globe
• View the GoPro Photo of the Day
• Wirelessly update your camera software (4)
— Camera Compatibility —
• HERO3 (requires camera software update, see http://gopro.com/update)
• HERO+ LCD
— System Requirements —
+ Android: Android 4.1 or higher for Control and Media features (Android 4.3 or higher required for creating video clips).
+ Cameras: Any Wi-Fi enabled GoPro camera (HERO2 with Wi-Fi backpack or newer).
— Footnotes —
(1) Compatible with videos captured in select modes only.
(2) Compatible with videos captured in select modes only. Compatible with iOS® (8 or later) and Android™ (version 4.3 or later).
(3) Compatible with HERO4, HERO+ LCD and HERO+ cameras only.
(4) Compatible with HERO4, HERO+ LCD, HERO+ and HERO3+ cameras only.
Why Install GoPro App For PC
There are several reasons you would want to play the GoPro App For PC. In case you already know the reason you may skip reading this and head straight towards the method to install GoPro App for PC.
- Installing GoPro App For PC can be helpful in case your Android device is running short of storage. Installing this app on a PC won’t put you under storage constraints as your emulator will give you enough storage to run this on your Windows Computer or a Mac OS X powered Macbook, iMac. Also, if your Android version doesn’t support the application, then the emulator installed on your Windows PC or Mac will sure let you install and enjoy GoPro App
- Another reason for you to install GoPro App For PC maybe enjoying the awesome graphics on a bigger screen. Running this app via BlueStacks, BlueStacks 2 or Andy OS Android emulator is going to let you enjoy the graphics on the huge screen of your Laptop or Desktop PC.
- Sometimes you just don’t want to to play a game or use an application on an Android or iOS device and you straight away want to run it on a computer, this may be another reason for you to checkout the desktop version of GoPro App.
I guess the reasons mentioned above are enough to head towards the desktop installation method of GoPro App.
Where can you install GoPro App For PC?
GoPro App For PC can be easily installed and used on a desktop computer or laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and a Macbook, iMac running Mac OS X. This will be done by means of an Android emulator. In order to install GoPro App For PC, we will use BlueStacks app player, BlueStacks 2 app player or Andy OS Android emulator. The methods listed below are set to help you get GoPro App For PC. Go ahead and get it done now.
Method#1: How to install and run GoPro App For PC via BlueStacks, BlueStacks 2
- Download and install BlueStacks App Player or BlueStacks 2 App Player. It totally depends on yourliking. BlueStacks 2 isn’t available for Mac OS X so far, so you will want to install BlueStacks if you’re using a Mac PC or Laptop.
- Setup BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2 using the guides linked in the above step.
- Once you’ve setup the BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2 App Player, you’re all set to install the GoPro App For PC.
- Open the BlueStacks App Player that you just installed.
- Click on the search button in BlueStacks, for BlueStacks 2, you will click on “Android” button and you will find the search button in the Android menu.
- Now type “GoPro App” in the search box and search it via Google Play Store.
- Once it shows the result, select your target application and install it.
- Once installed, it will appear under all apps.
- Access the newly installed app from the app drawer in BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2.
- Use your mouses’s right and left click or follow the on-screen instructions to play or use GoPro App.
- That’s all you got to do in order to be able to use GoPro App For PC.
Method#2: How to install and run GoPro App For PC using APK file via BlueStacks, BlueStacks 2.
- Download GoPro App APK.
- Download and install BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2 app player.
Setup the BlueStacks app player completely using the guides linked in the Method 1.
- Double click the downloaded APK file.
- It will begin to install via BlueStacks or BlueStacks 2.
- Once the APK has been installed, access the newly installed app under “All Apps” in BlueStacks and under “Android > All Apps” in BlueStacks 2.
- Click the application and follow on-screen instructions to play it.
- That’s all. Best of Luck.
How to install and run GoPro App For PC via Andy OS Android emulator
In order to install GoPro App For PC via Andy OS Android emulator, you may want to use the guide: How To Run Apps For PC On Windows, Mac Using Andy OS.
GoPro App for Desktop is a pretty basic app designed for those who are just getting started in the field of video editing, GoPro app enables you to offload your GoPro shots and quickly edit/upload them. It works with both PCs and Mac.
Note: GoPro App (Studio) has been discontinued – “With the latest update to Quik for desktop(versions 2.4+), GoPro Studio will no longer be included in the installer package. The reason for this is because GoPro Studio has reached its end-of-life for support”.
If you still have GoPro app (studio) on desktop and haven’t updated it to GoPro Quik, then this guide is for you! Read it from the beginning. If not, scroll towards the end of the article to find a review of the best video editing software for editing GoPro videos that available now.
GoPro Video Editing App for Your Desktop
GoPro Video Editing App for your desktop is a convenient way to offload your GoPro shots. You just need to plug in your camera, and this app automatically imports all your photos and videos. This app comes with basic functionality unlike the more advanced apps like Adobe Premiere and Final Cut. But it is incredibly fast and allows for super quick edits.
Here are the things you can do with this editing software:
- Quickly offload, organise and share GoPro photos and videos.
- View and edit burst and time-lapse footage to create short videos.
- Add HiLight Tags or create still images of your favourite moments in the videos.
- Use video trimming tools to create short clips and post them to social media right away.
Download GoPro App for Desktop (FREE)
Gopro Software Mac
Visit the link below to download GoPro App for Desktop (now GoPro Quik).
Note: We are not sponsored by GoPro in any form to promote them. The only purpose of this article is to provide you knowledge and support regarding GoPro App.
GoPro App for Desktop – Quick Tutorial
GoPro App makes it incredibly simple to offload, organize and edit all your GoPro video clips on your computer. Here’s a quick tutorial to help you become well-versed with it.
To get started, download and launch the GoPro app.
Now, firstly set it as your preferred GoPro importer. This would automatically launch the GoPro app whenever you connect your cam to your computer.
When using for the first time, you need to initially create your free GoPro account in order to access the app.
After you’re done with these initial steps, connect your GoPro or memory card to your computer and turn it On (Press shutter button for Session).
That’s it! It’s as easy as that to import your GoPro content into your desktop.
You are now ready to organise, edit and share your photos and videos. Just sit back, relax and enjoy your amazing GoPro content!
Have a look at the video below to understand how to get started with this app.
How to Organize Your Content
With GoPro app, you get access to all your GoPro stuff at one place. Here are some of the great functions that this app allows for you to organise your GoPro photos & videos, and create amazing content to enjoy with your friends and family.
Download Gopro App Mac Os X
- The app automatically displays your most recent GoPro shots.
- You just need to double click the thumbnail to view your capture.
- You can also adjust the size of thumbnails by using the slider at the top right corner.
- While your video is playing, click on the HiLight Button at the bottom to mark the perfect moments.
- The app automatically collapses your burst and timelapse sequences into a single thumbnail.
- You can convert your time lapse into a video for easy playback.
- Click rotate to fix the videos orientation in case of upside-down videos.
- Take a screenshot of the perfect moment from your video and share it to your social media directly from the app.
- Create a short clip by selecting the ‘clip’ icon on the bottom left, adjusting the length of the clip and saving it.
- You can also share these clips to Youtube from the app.
How to Edit Your Videos
While you can do some basic editing like creating short clips right in the GoPro app, when it comes to more advanced features like Flux Motion Control, Fish Eye Adjustment etc., you need GoPro Studio.
Here I have compiled a list of initial steps that you need to follow to get started with editing in GoPro Studio.
- Launch the GoPro app.
- Select the files you want to edit. You can also select multiple files by holding the control key while selecting.
- Now, from the blue toolbar above, select the ‘Open in Studio’ icon. This will open your project in GoPro Studio.
- Select File > Save to save your project at the desired location on your desktop.
That’s all you need to do to start editing your desired photos/videos on the desktop.
Now, you need to follow these three steps to create an incredibly awesome and professional looking film from the raw GoPro footage.
Step 1: View & Trim
After saving the project, all the clips that you selected will show at the left side. Review and trim each to ensure that all the best moments that you want to include in the final version are included. This can be done by setting the ‘in and ‘out’ points. You can repeat this process with all the selected clips with multiple segments having all those great moments. After that, you need to convert the list of clips by pressing ‘Convert’. This will convert all the clips and make them ready for editing in Step 2. Lastly, Press ‘Clear All’ to clear your completed conversions.
Step 2: Edit
After you’re done with Step 1, click on Step 2: Edit at the top of the window. All of your converted clips will automatically move to Step 2. But when you first click on Step 2, you’ll be asked if you want to use a Pre-Made Edit Template or a blank one. Select the template as per your desired theme for the final film. You can do some great editing in this step with features like ability to add music to the footage, using filters and effects etc. to make your end result more appealing.
Step 3: Export
Once you’ve successfully created the video as per your expectations, proceed further to export it, so that you can easily share it with your friends and family. Click ‘Step 3: Export’ at the top of the window to do it, and choose an export preset. Finally name the video file and save it to the desired destination on your desktop.
To share your final video on Facebook or Youtube, Go to GoPro app and select ‘Edits’ at the left. It will show your newly exported video, which you can share right away by right-clicking on the thumbnail and selecting ‘Share’ from the drop-down menu.
See the video below for a highly detailed guide to do advanced editing using GoPro Studio.
Professional Video Editing Apps for Desktop
While GoPro Studio app (now discontinued) is practical, easy-to-use & learn, accessible to everyone and free, it has limited features when compared with professional editing software like Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro. It is mainly for beginners in the field of video editing.
There’s a lot you can do with professional software that’s otherwise impossible to do with the GoPro app. For example, working with the cuts on GoPro Studio is much more inconvenient and slow as compared to Adobe Premiere Pro. Also, GoPro app is mainly suitable for short 2-3 minute videos. It tends to crash frequently if working with longer videos, which is not the case with the more advanced apps.
Now I’ll introduce you with some of the best video editing apps available:
Arguably the most popular video editing app on both Windows and Mac OS, Adobe Premiere Pro is a highly comprehensive and powerful software. Final Cut Pro X, on the other hand, is Apple’s signature video editing app for Mac users to edit your GoPro videos in a convenient and smooth way.
If you want a software that is extremely easy to use and learn, Filmora Wondershare is the right pick for you. And for the beginners in the field of video editing who don’t need the high-level functionality of Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Premiere Elements is perfect! iMovie is also a highly popular, free and user-friendly video editing app by Apple, but has pretty basic functionality.
I’ve personally tried all of these video editors and many more. But, I use Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro X to edit all of my videos on a regular basis. Why? Because these apps offer many useful features, and people develop plugins for them to expand possibilities. Plus they also get frequent software updates, and there are many free tutorials & guides online to learn more about them.
Have a look at this table below to understand how the 5 leading video editing apps compare for different needs:
|Adobe Premiere Pro||Final Cut Pro X||Filmora Wondershare||Adobe Premiere Elements||iMovie|
|Ease of use||Easy for basic editing, but can get complex for advanced editing||Steep learning curve||Very easy with editing mode “Action Cam Tool”||Easy. It offers Step-by-step guided edits||Easy and intuitive|
|Software Updates||Yes (frequent)||Yes||Yes (frequent)||Yes (frequent)||Yes|
|Best for||Hobbyist and professional filmmakers||All Mac users||Video creators for the web & action cams||Hobbyist – Windows and Mac Users||Basic and fast edits (Mac only)|
|Tools & Features||Many professional tools and plugins||Many professional tools and plugins||Good range of editing tools||Good range of tools and plugins||Few tools for basic editing|
|Price||Paid||Paid||Free & Paid||Paid||Free|
👉 To learn more about how to edit GoPro videos, have a look at this article for a detailed guide.